Tangerines Nutritional Benefits
Tangerines found in West Africa and other places in the world are citrus fruits that are also known as mandarin oranges; sweet in taste, orange in colour and packed with lots of nutritional values that have positive effects to the cell DNA, bone and heart health in general.
They are known for the citrus taste and high nutrients such as beta-carotene, vitamins, folate, flavonoids, vitamin C, vitamin A and potassium which in combination affects the body positively, these nutrients contained in tangerine are beneficial to human health in the following ways;
1. Tangerines are rich in antioxidants. The major antioxidant found in the fruit is vitamin C which plays very important roles in the human body such as protecting the cell and body from free radical damages which could affect the collagens, DNA and cells.
2. They are packed with folate which is a type of vitamin B. Folate help in the production of important genetic materials in the human body such as RNA and DNA, additionally, it helps in proper functioning of the red blood cells and iron in the body.
3. Contain important minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium as well as phosphorus, zinc, copper and manganese are present in low percentages. The presence of potassium in tangerine has the index value of 146 milligrams which helps to impacts the body cells, tissues and organs also play a key role in skeletal and smooth muscle contraction, generally reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
4. Tangerines contain a healthy amount of flavonoids which is another important antioxidant in fruit that contributes to the proper functioning of the immune and hormones. In other words, acts as a molecule that reduces some enzyme activities in order to kill metabolic imbalance that may reduce catalyzed the reaction of the enzyme.
5. Vitamin A contained in tangerines serve as a solution to certain health contradictions; it is a crucial nutrient known as retinol needed in a small index for eye function improvement, immune system and reproduction.
6. Tangerine has an oil content called depurative which is an essential oil that has detoxifying and purifying effects which help in cleansing dirty substances in the blood and the body from excess uric acid. The essential oil also contains tonic, antispasmodic, seductive, stomachic and digestive agent which in combination or individually offer positive effects on the body.
7. The presence of vitamin A, vitamin B12 and vitamin C are quite beneficial to human hair because vitamin C helps to build collagen which contributes to healthy hair, vitamin B12 promote hair growth and reduces hair loss while vitamin A keeps the sebum in hair scalp less dry.
8. Tangerine can be used for home-made facial masks which helps to remove excess oil and harmful bacteria on the skin. This will equally keep the skin moisturized and reduce ageing signs on the skin such as lines, wrinkles and other related.
Tangerine fruits are found healthy and can be consumed regularly in order to gain all or most of the nutrients in it. There are also antiseptic and antifungal properties contained in the tangerine oil which makes it good to be used around the home as disinfectants.