About Health Benefits of Water Melon Fruit
Nutritional benefits of Water Melon
Watermelon fruits are one of the essential tropical fruits grown mainly in the northern part of Nigeria, West Africa. This West African fruit species is a sweet fruit that is best cultivated under hot and dry climatic condition, it is very nutritious and is loaded with nutrients such as potassium, folic acids, vitamins and much more that have major impact on health;
- It contains much quantity of water and fibre that contribute to better digestion.
- Due to the quantity of water contained in watermelon, it aids in body hydration.
- Research has shown that the watermelon seed has natural contents that help in health improvement such as fighting against diabetes, prevent the digestive system, improve sexual health, and provides the amount of magnesium in which the body needs.
- It is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B5 and vitamin A that helps in preventing age-related macular degeneration.
- Watermelon contains lycopene and citrulline that help in blood pressure reduction; reduce muscle soreness after exercise and proper metabolic improvement.
- It is a healthy fruit that helps to refresh the skin, especially during the summer period due to its content of natural vitamins C and A required for sebum production to keep the skin and body moisturized.
- The intake of arginine and the juice contained in watermelon is linked with reduced insulin resistance.
- The antioxidants, phytonutrients and vitamins that are present in watermelon help to flush out kidney stones as well as preventing such disease.
- Watermelon intake can help to fight against the radicals that are known to cause cancer in the body system.
Generally, eating watermelon on daily basis improves the immune system and leads to better health, it is best enjoyed mainly when the body feels dehydrated and probably needs to be hydrated (because of its water content), which literally means that it can quench taste and as well provide the body with other necessary vitamins and minerals at the same time.