About Cucumber Fruit and Its Health Benefits
Nutritional and Health Benefits of Cucumber
Cucumber is a tropical fruit belonging to the same family of melon. It contributes positively to health when eaten and when applied directly to the skin to treat sunburn and other skin reactions that can be treated with it. They can be used in making certain foods such as salads, sandwiches and pasta.
- Cucumber is a vegetable that helps to keep the body hydrated due to the amount of water contained in it.
- It is used in spa treatment because it contains some skin-friendly elements which are potassium, magnesium and silicon.
- The fruit contains polyphenolic substances called lignin which is antioxidants that protect the body from cardiovascular diseases and decreased risk of cancer.
- Cucumber has sterol content that helps in reducing the number of cholesterols present in the body.
- It is a good source phytonutrient which is a plant chemical that has preventive properties and is capable of preventing the body from inflammatory diseases and treat other skin disorders such as sunburn.
- Consumption of cucumber contributes to the proper health of the bone because it contains vitamin which helps to improve calcium absorption.
- It is a non-starch related vegetable that aids to diabetic health, therefore, it is recommended for diabetic patients.
- Cucumber being low in purines and high in water content plays an important role in fighting gout.
Cucumber is a nice fruit that can contribute to health and beauty improvement, they can be taken at any moment but moderately not in excess because it has some surprising side effects associated with excessive consumption due to the presence of toxins such as cucurbitacins and tetracyclic triterpenoids present in cucumber.