There are many types of roofing sheets covers and materials available in great styles, colours and quality but most time homeowners get confused on the suitable ones to choose which can best fit their home improvement projects. Making such choices may not be all that easy but this article will give you some ideas on the five best roofing materials that can make your home alluring whilst giving you the maximum protection you need.
• You can choose asphalt shingles for roofing or re-roofing your house, it is one of the best options you can go for because it has a waterproofing material which helps to protect the roof from the natural agent like rain, it is not expensive as compared to other roofing materials and is very easy to fix or install as well.
• Another great option that will suit your roofing needs especially if you are located in a moisture prone climate is wood shingles, it provides homes with a natural insulation effect and is eco-friendly too, and people tends to overlook how expensive it is because of that.
You have to know that there are many wood shingles which are made from different kinds of wood and coupled with the fact that this kind of roofing material can easily catch fire or swells due to it retaining moisture content, it is always best to go for cedar wood shingles which are more lightweight and minimizes shrinkage but generally, when maintained well wood shingles can last for more than 5 decades.
• You might also consider concrete tile which is one of the modern roofing sheets for homes, it last long and is strong as well, it can be transferred from one building to another without damage especially if the professional in charge maintain a good workmanship, the concrete tile shingles resist fire and other hail and high winds that may take off the roof when it is installed according to the building code standards.
• Slate roof is another great roofing option for your home, which is made of natural slate from the rock and volcanic clay restructured as roofing shingles, it is stable, durable and also fire resistance when it is installed according to the building standard, the slate roof varies in sizes depending on the one you want to work it.
• It is also a good idea to roof your house with metal roofing material other than the conventional roofing sheets because it is environment-friendly which means that it can withstand other natural agents such as raindrop, re-roofing your house is always daunting so it is advisable to use the right roofing option.
There are many types of roofing options which you can use for your home, but not all of them are durable and fire resistance, they all have their pros and cons but try and choose the best that fits your climate and weather condition so that you can avoid additional cost of re-roofing and other roof maintenance for the meantime.