Snoring effects is not a fun at all because it disrupts sleep for the entire household. This condition can disturb bed mates and family more than the person that exhibits the chronic habit. Snoring is always regarded as a simple condition that is common in most people as they sleep; basic things one needs to know about it are provided in this article.
• Snoring is caused by certain conditions that affect the airways while sleeping; some of these conditions are nasal obstructions, having narrow airways due to mouth anatomy, alcoholic intake, sleeping positions and some can be habitual.
• There are possible ways by which snoring can be reduced. Habitual snoring can be reduced by using a good sleeping position such as sleeping on the side making sure that the bed is well adjusted, also avoid taking alcohol before bedtime. Another corrective measure that can reduce snoring is by using nasal strips. One important thing to note here is that the factor that causes the snoring effect has to be discovered so as to know the corrective measures to apply.
• Certain sleep aids that could reduce snoring but the major practical one is to sleep on side position. Another effective sleep aid that reduces snoring is the position of the tongue while sleeping; the tongue should be relaxed at the roof of the mouth to prevent is from falling back to the throat to block the airways thereby causing snoring.
• Long-term snoring causes health problems such as obstructive sleep apnea and hardening of the carotid arteries. Obstructive sleep apnea brings about other risk factors to the heart if not taken care of; such are breathe interruption while sleeping which is caused by blocked airways, heart enlargement, heart strain and other heart diseases which may result from this problem.
• Some of the different types of surgeries that can help to reduce snoring are Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UP3 or UPPP) used to remove tissues in the throat caused by obstructive sleep apnea; Somnoplasty is surgical operation used for correcting sleep apnoea, habitual snoring and nasal problems; Septoplasty a surgical method that is used to correct deviated nasal septum.
Radiofrequency Palatoplasty is the advanced method of somnoplasty that uses electric light to correct snoring. These surgical methods are highly effective in reducing or stopping snoring once the operation is successful.
• If you live with a snorer within your home, the first thing to do is to understand him or her with the condition being passed through all the night. You are the person that is been deprived of sleep and you can't equally run away from the house; just help the person with the following tips: roll the snorer to sleep on side or stomach.
Provide the snorer with a thicker pillow and alleviate the head to keep the nasal passage open. You can use earplug to protect your ears from the noise or use a headphone to play music. Find a source of relaxing or something that could help you calm and fall asleep easily. You can equally move to a different room to get the noise reduced. Consider other solutions like nasal strips or decongestants also advice the snorer against alcoholic intake.
• Allergic substances and alcohol can make snoring worse even when the snorer is sleeping on one side position. Other substances that cause nasal blockage can aggravate snoring.
Once you have the knowledge of the major things associated with snoring, it may not appear difficult to live with. People that live with snorers can read through the tips provided in the article for better management.