Snoring is an in deliberate action and a common condition some people exhibit while sleeping. It always happens when someone could not pass out air freely through the nose or throat thereby giving out a sound that disturbs people around while sleeping.
The amusing thing is that they don’t know when they do it because they are sleeping but this article provides such person with steps on how to deal with snoring to avoid keeping the entire household and neighbourhood from sleeping while enjoying yours.
• You should use a cervical pillow that could maintain the position of the natural curve of your neck. An adjustable bed will be helpful also because when adjusted, it will help you to lay upright at a correct angle that will make you not to snore while sleeping. Adjusting your head, your pillow and the bed height can open airways and helps to prevent snoring.
• Sleeping positions have effects on snoring. People sleep in different positions and many of these positions are linked to snoring. It is commonly believed that if you are a type that sleeps on the back while facing the ceiling, you are likely to snore or if you are already a snorer you have to change the position or keep on snoring. The best sleeping positions are using the sides, but putting the belly down that is stomach sleeping is said to an effective method of dealing with snoring.
Note: pregnant women don’t sleep on their back or tummy. Sleeping on the left-hand side is the best position to take while sleeping in this condition.
• Eat healthy diets to avoid overweight. Once there is an excess weight around the neck region, or any parts of your body there is snoring tendency while you sleep. Another way your diet can cause snoring is when you eat heavy food close to bet time; it will cause you to snore while sleeping.
• Alcohol and sedatives affect relaxation of musculature cause the oropharynx to collapse and thereby inducing snoring effects while sleeping. Avoiding alcohol and sedatives because taking alcohol close to bedtime can bring about sleep apnoea.
• Nasal strips and other over-the-counter remedies can treat snoring caused by nasal congestion caused by common cold, catarrh and other health issues in which case is not critical. Nasal strips work to open a little space that is comfortable enough to breathe properly through the nose and stop snoring but if the sleep apnoea persists, the corrective method becomes a higher medical solution.
• There are simple mouth and throat exercises which you can do to reduce the rate by which you snore while sleeping. Some of them are placing the tip of the tongue at the back of your front teeth and moving it up and down for several times. Another one is to suck your tongue upwards repeatedly so that it lies against the roof of your mouth. Other suggestions, said you can use the pronunciation of five vowels loudly to exercise the throat to avoid snoring.
• Many people who snore while sleeping suffer obstructive sleep apnoea. In a case whereby habitual snoring cannot be controlled somnoplasty medical surgery is applied to correct the situation. Somnoplasty is medical treatment used for correcting sleep apnoea, habitual snoring and chronic nasal obstruction that causes one to snore while sleeping.
This article has revealed ways by which snoring can be terminated permanently or reduced. So if you are a snorer or knows anyone that exhibits such character while sleeping, use the method above either the natural ways or medical if the case becomes critical to help the situation because while the snorer may suffer obstruction of the airways, it is the entire household that suffers sleepless night.