Some smokers have determined to stop the habit of smoking but they don’t actually know how this mission could be accomplished. This is how! Use the tips that have been provided in this article and help yourself quit the smoking habit.
• Change the brand of that cigarette you like most. Decide to switch to a brand that you always find so distasteful maybe weeks to the targeted period you wish to stop. Especially the one that has a low volume of nicotine and tar; this will instantly reduce your passion for smoking because you don’t find pleasure in doing it any longer.
• If you have formed a habit of smoking a packet of cigarette per day, cut back by taking maybe a few sticks once a day. At a point, you may forget to smoke because your interest has died off. When you drastically slow down the rate by which you smoke, your interest will cut down if you actually want to quit completely.
• You have made your decision of quitting smoking and you are now on the track of slowing down the lane. Another helpful thing while on this process is to replace cigarettes with a healthy habit. When you feel like smoking, you can take juice or fruits instead of cigarette or tobacco.
• Quitting smoking is always hard as smokers do say. But if you cut down first, it will be easier to quit. When you are cutting down by different methods try making the habit hard for you. Do you wonder how? Achieve this by avoiding situations where you use to smoke, avoid the activities and friends that make you smoke; replace those activities with important things. When you dissociate yourself with these, it will be hard for you to smoke.
• Don’t do it alone, talk to your doctor about your wish and efforts to stop smoking. He or she can help find a medical substitution of the nicotine that you inhale while smoking and the feelings after smoking (nicotine therapy). There could be other alternatives other than the one stated above, that is why you have to talk to your doctor first.
• When you are making efforts to quit smoking, do not carry cigarettes around with you or stay where you could be inhaling the smoke. Carrying it along with you can tempt you to smoke it likewise inhaling the smoke.
• At this juncture, make a proper research on the effects and implications of smoking. All effect of smoking cigarettes is negative. When you have known these results and constantly remind yourself that your heart and lungs and overall health are at risk, you will quickly drop it completely.
• You have to do away with cigarettes and everything about it so that you can forget about the existence entirely. Get rid of the lighter or matchboxes you normally use to light on cigarettes, cigarettes and everything that reminds you of it.
Smoking can be very addictive but once you have decided to stop smoking, set a quit date with an interval of days or months. Apply the ideas provided in this article to stop and quit