Theme: Empowering Micro Small & Medium Enterprises:
AkwaFair2017 The Akwa Ibom State Trade Fair is the premier trade fair in the State. The spectacular 14-day event normally holds from November 20th to December 3rd every year at Ibom Hall Grounds, IBB Avenue.
The Uyo Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (UYOCCIMA) is the oldest in Akwa Ibom and has been staging the Fair annually, since 2001 to date.
Within this period, the Akwa Ibom State Trade Fair has grown tremendously in popularity and provides the platform for trade facilitation and business exchange in the state.
The Chamber comprises of the state’s top business organizations and personalities, who are able and ready to enter into business interactions with their counterparts all over the world.
The Fair will hold in Uyo the state capital and commercial heartland of Akwa Ibom, which is easily accessible by air and land. The Trade Fair, since inception, has been held at the famous Ibom Hall Grounds.
It is about 20 minutes from the Akwa Ibom International Airport (AKIA) which is Akwa Ibom State’s gateway to Nigeria and the world. Located in the middle of Uyo, it is easily accessible from any part of town.
Ibom Hall Grounds, which hosted all previous trade fairs in the state, is expansive, well secured and quite suitable for exhibitions.
Panacea for Accelerated and Sustainable Economic Growth is designed to be a one-stop-shop for all stakeholders in the MSME development ecosystem.
The Fair, which offers an opportunity of a life time for entrepreneurs will have in attendance the following stakeholders: * Business development consultants
* Raw material suppliers
* Machinery and equipment vendors
* Market facilitators
* Venture capitalist, portfolio managers and development finance institutions with cheap sources of finance
* Regulatory agencies
* Policy makers
* Business networking associations
* Multi-lateral development agencies
* NGOs and foundations
It is estimated that the trade fair will attract more than 200,000 visitors to Uyo during the two weeks long event.
The following activities will take place during the fair;
* A general trade fair for exhibitors from all over the country with special days focusing on products and services in each sector of the economy.
* Five conferences and business meetings for focused groups which will be organized on the side lines of the fair in the following sectors - Technology “ With leading ICT companies (software, payment solution, cloud solution and hardware) and manufacturing technology companies (processing and packaging) in the industry presenting with the audience made up of ICT, small scale industrialist, etc. - Health “ With leading drug manufacturing companies, medical equipment companies, reagent dealers and associated companies in the health sector presenting to an audience of Pharmacist, patent medicine vendors, doctors, lab tech, etc as audience - Education “ With leading publishing houses, education consultants, learning aids vendors, inclusive education providers, special subjects tutors presenting to an audience of school proprietors, school administrators, potential foreign university students etc - Agriculture & Agro allied “ Leading research institutions, agro companies, agro processing technology providers and allied companies presenting to an audience of farmers, agro processors, etc - Investment &MSME Finance “ Leading finance institutions and fund managers with portfolio exposure to MSME finance presenting to an audience of entrepreneurs & business executives
* Brand shows, talent hunt and similar activities at night
* Opening and Closing ceremonies with dignitaries in most State and Federal Government of Nigeria agencies, commercial sections of foreign embassies, and special guests present.
Akwa Fair 2017 will deploy the widest publicity in the social, electronic and print media before and during the fourteen (14) day duration of the Fair. Such extended and intensive publicity invariably presents a unique opportunity for exhibitors to advertise their products, services, inventions and innovations to both Nigerian and foreign audience.
The Fair is strongly supported by the Akwa Ibom State Government, and is always well attended by numerous government agencies seeking new ideas, inventions and innovations necessary for the attainment of the objectives for which they were set up.
The Fair brings into focus the full potentials and business opportunities existing in Akwa Ibom State and Nigeria.
For more information or enquiries, please contact: AKWA Fair 2017 Manager Enterprise Club of Nigeria 51, Utang Street Uyo, Akwa Ibom State Tel: 0705 7732305, 08185626126 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org www.akwafair2017.com