The Basic Functions And Powers Of BIPA.
1) The primary agency to Coordinate and monitor all investment promotion initiatives in the state.
2) Coordinate, monitor, encourage and provide necessary assistance and guidance for the establishment and operation of enterprises in Bayelsa State.
3) Initiate and support measures which shall enhance the investment climate in Bayelsa State for both local and foreign investors.
4)Promote investments in and outside Nigeria through effective promotional means.
5) Provide and disseminate up to date information on incentives available to investors.
6) Identify specific projects and invite interested investors for participation in those projects.
7) Collect, Collate, analyze and disseminate information about investment opportunities and incentives.
8) Coordinate all the investment and securities of the State Government in various companies, parastatals and other bodies.
9) Determine and advise the State Government on policy matters, including fiscal measures that promote accelerated multi sectoral investment to diversify the economy and enhance productive capacity.
10) Initiate, organize and participate in promotional activities such as exhibitions, conferences and seminars for the stimulation of investments.
11) Collect, collate, analyze and disseminate information about investment opportunities and sources of investment capital and advise on request, the availability, chance or suitability of partners in joint-venture projects.
12) Maintain liaison between investors, MDA’s lenders, other stakeholders concerned with investments.
13) Perform such other functions as are supplementary or incidental to the attainment of the objectives of BIPA Bill.