Mr And Miss Nigeria UK is a cultural pageant event that is usually organised annually to expose the culture of Nigerian nation in the diaspora.
This unique event is not celebrated just to entertain the people but also to inculcate the various cultures of the country to Nigerians born and brought up in the United Kingdom.
This colourful event is also celebrated to shows strong support within the British-Nigerian community by integrating people through several cultural activities of Mr And Miss Nigeria UK.
It is a trend that winners of Mr and Miss Nigeria UK will carry out a humanitarian assignment in form of charity. This is done to give hope to the poor, sick, less-privileged and other vulnerable persons in the society.
This unique event always witnesses a large turnout of people during the grand finale, where the winners, one male and one female to be crowned will be revealed by the panel of judges.
Also, the 1st runner(s) up and 2nd runner(s) up will be awarded accordingly and the contestants will be judged based on their poise, communication, personality, walk, talent and question answering.
The date for the 2018/2019 Mr And Miss Nigeria UK beauty contest is yet to be fixed and is being presented by Vir2uous Limited.
MISSION: To expose the rich cultural heritage of Nigeria to the world especially Nigerians born and brought up in the United Kingdom.
NAMES OF WINNERS
- Bilal Nosaeweka (Mr Nigeria UK) - 2014
- Adebisi Akindayini (Miss Nigeria UK) - 2014
- Theo Ogundipe (Mr Nigeria UK) - 2015
- Janelle Ezeanaka (Miss Nigeria UK) - 2015
- Teedum Nke-ee (Mr Nigeria UK) - 2016
- Hannah Agboola (Miss Nigeria UK) - 2016
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION
- Applicant must live in the United Kingdom
- He/she must be between 18 – 28 years.
- Any of his or her parents must be a Nigerian by birth.
- The ENTRY FEE of £30 must be paid via our PayPal link on our website before details of the casting will be passed on.
- Applicants are aware that all cost relating to the pageant must be covered by the applicant.
- He/she must not be an incumbent winner of any pageant by the time the contest will take place.
- Female contestants must be 5ft4 minimum and Male contestants 5ft7 minimum in height.
- Applicant must have some knowledge of their heritage and cultural background and be willing to learn more in order to move forward in the competition.
- He must receive whatever gift the organisers give to him or her.
i. To apply please complete the application form here http://www.officialmmnuk.com/apply.
ii. Application fees can only be paid in advance via the PayPal link on our website http://www.officialmmnuk.com/. All PayPal payments are secure; if you are worried about anything going wrong please do get in contact first.
iii. Applicants MUST attend a casting where they will be judged on their poise, personality, communication and walk.
iv. Applicants will be informed of the outcome 2 weeks after ALL castings are complete.
v. The top 20 contestants (10 male, 10 female) will be put forward for a public vote to help decide on the final 12 contestants (6 male, 6 female). The top 20 will all record ‘about me’ videos to help the public cast their votes.
EVENT SCHEDULE: Mr. and Miss Nigeria UK is an annual event that is usually organised toward the end of the year.