Miss Earth 2019 is scheduled to hold around September, 2019 and is opened for the most beautiful women of the earth to serve as a role model dedicated to uphold advocacy.
Interested contested are required to pick up an entry form for ₦5, 000 at 39 Opebi Road, Opposite Adebola House, Besides Children Republic Ikeja and submission should be done on or before 31st of July.
Miss Earth Nigeria is the Nigerian chapter of the international Miss Earth World pageant; it is one of the three largest pageants all over the world and is measured by the number of times they have contested in the world finals.
Just like other pageants, Miss Earth is an annual event designed to empower women who are role models and also to maintain environmental friendliness.
Miss Earth pageants strongly believed in being socially responsible for our immediate environment, unlike other pageants that raise queens, Miss Earth pageant believed in raising ambassadors that will pioneer sustainable development in their environments.
Every year the winners of the beauty pageants (4 in number) will represent the 4 main elements of the world each which includes Water, Air, Fire and Earth with the aim of promoting environmental awareness.
The 4 winners of Miss Earth Nigeria pageant will re-contest to bring out the overall winner who will be seen as the environmental Earth warrior and ambassador and will represent the country at international level.
The beauty contest will feature a series of awards such as Best in a creative outfit, Miss Photogenic, Miss Talent and Miss Friendship.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR MISS EARTH NIGERIA WINNERS:
1. Name & Fame at world stage opening doors to the glamour industry
2. Possibilities of acting career opportunities in Films in Nollywood
3. High possibility of corporate modelling assignments not only in Nigeria but in AFRICA
4. Opportunities to be on the cover page of international magazines/ pageant/ corporate award magazines published in West Africa.
5. Opportunities in Nigeria and AFRICA TV programs as an actress
6. Participation in high profile corporate events in Nigeria and Africa leading to exciting career opportunities in firms.
7. Opportunities to be a corporate brand ambassador for environment industry
8. Winners are likely to be the brand ambassadors of top companies.
MISSION: The mission of Miss Earth is not only to raise celebrities but a crowned beauty that will be an ambassador for a sustainable environment and that can see saving the earth as her responsibility.
NAMES OF PAST WINNERS:
2002 - Vanessa Ibene Ekeke
2003 - Eva Ewemade Ogbebor
2004 - Ufuoma Ejenobor
2005 - Ethel Okosun
2006 - Ivy Obrori Edenkwo
2007 - Stacey Garvey
2008 - Uko Ezinne
2009 - Nkesi Gift Okandu (dethroned) and succeeded by Modesta Alozie (the 2nd Runner-Up).
2010 - Inarah Anthonia Isaiah
2011 - Munachi Uzoma
2013 - Marie Miller
2014 - Damola Akinsanya
2015 - Chinonye Chukwukere
2016 - Chukwukere Chinonye Vivian Bella
2017 - Eucharia Akani
2018 - Maristella Okpala
LINK TO THE APPLICATION FORM: http://missearthnigeria.com/registration-form/
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION
Anyone who wants to contest for Miss Earth Nigeria
- Natural born Female
- Never been married, single, never given birth
- 18-27 years of age (until December 2019)
- Minimum height of 5 feet 5 inches (165.10 cm)
- Posses beauty of face and proportionate body structure
- Outgoing and friendly
- Excellent physical condition
- Has knowledge of her Nigeria's Culture and Environment.
Miss Earth Nigeria is a yearly event.